• Login:
    Thanks

Ex Rent 4 Ring Zc32 Track Car

I am slowly writing a diary of my Zc32 I purchased from Rent 4 Ring last year (So Please bare with me!)

20861808_10155780914862450_8199837233615077726_o.jpg

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

Spec of the car so far -

Brake :
    Hel braided brake hoses (to be fitted)
    Motul RBF600
    Endless MA45B Front Brake Pads
    Endless MA45B Rear Brake Pads

Wheels :
    Custom Cosmis Rent 4 Ring Edition wheels
    Yokohama AD08R 205/505/15

Engine :
    Standard
    Performance Panel Filter
    Rear hardrace engine mount

Interior :
    Stripped out and fitted with a full Wiechers rollcage
    Recaro Pole Position Seats on Wiechers Subframes
    RRS 4 Point Harnesses

Exhaust :
    Back Box Delete

Coilovers :
    KW v3

I am a regular visitor to the Nurburgring and have rented these cars several times before. Building a good relationship with the guys at Rent 4 Ring they let me know last year that a car was coming for sale. They offered me it at a great price and as one of the guys was coming home to England a deal was done for him to bring it over for me!

Roll on a month or so and the car arrived at my home & I didnt touch it for a month or so as I was to busy re registering the car in the uk to tax, insure and mot it. Previously the car was a uk car and was exported to Germany for R4R so the process wasn't to once I had the paperwork from R4R which followed a month after delivery of the car. Now you may ask why I didnt leave it on German plates as technically we brits have no insurance at the ring....... This is simple the plates are to the people or in my case these plates belonged to R4R I dont have a german address so cant register the car to that address or insure it thus I was unable to get german plates sadly.

The car was then insured with Greenlight at a really nice price & driven to the mot station. The car had a full strict german TUV before I had it so I was not worried in the slightest even thought it had been sat for 3-4 months on my drive...........

Mot - Fail

Thought it was a sensor so off to Suzuki and £120 for O2 sensor later still failed cat was dead. I bought a second hand manifold off a zc31 and fitted it then passed no problems - not what I expected as well it just had the german one!

upon inspection of the old cat it seems it had no cat but i wont say anymore on that

Drove it for a few weeks then went on my first track day of the year at anglesey.

I am regularly updating my groups Facebook page on our cars and whereabouts if that is of any use to anyone also - https://www.facebook.com/SoulDevelopments/

To be continued..........................

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kev_G For This Useful Post:

Desmo (04-08-18), lunar tick (03-08-18), Philfr (03-08-18)

Thanks
    Great thread Kev - thanks for posting. Can I ask about the Hardrace rear engine mount: does it help reduce engine movement and improve gear change - and is there a lot of cabin vibration with it fitted?
    Thanks, Andy

Thanks
    Very nice! Are you going to keep the R4R stickers?

Thanks
    Its stupid that we are EU country too, but we cant modify roll gages or almost nothing on 2001 -> cars. Only suspension and wheels if you want 100% legal car...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by puliukk0 View Post
    Its stupid that we are EU country too, but we cant modify roll gages or almost nothing on 2001 -> cars. Only suspension and wheels if you want 100% legal car...
    In Sweden its even worse, after 1992-1995 (depending on the car) the only thing you can do that is fully legal is changing wheels, and even then it should be the same diameter, width and et. I have to fix my cars every year before the MOT. Minor things they dont care about but if you want to be 100% legal you can only modify old cars.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    In Sweden its even worse, after 1992-1995 (depending on the car) the only thing you can do that is fully legal is changing wheels, and even then it should be the same diameter, width and et. I have to fix my cars every year before the MOT. Minor things they dont care about but if you want to be 100% legal you can only modify old cars.
    Oh i didnt know that!

Anyway that doesnt bother me, because i have -92 S13, so i can do what i want. Engine size, weight and power is limited. But with million papers and dynos it will be 1JZ powered legally...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lunar tick View Post
    Great thread Kev - thanks for posting. Can I ask about the Hardrace rear engine mount: does it help reduce engine movement and improve gear change - and is there a lot of cabin vibration with it fitted?
    Thanks, Andy
    Little more vibration not loads, bare in mind I only did the rear one not all of them. Not helped anything else that I can tell either

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Very nice! Are you going to keep the R4R stickers?
    I was meant to be having a new wrap done but the company let me down. I am tempted to keep them as when I drove across europe in the car I was getting thumbs up and people loved it so I am unsure. The stickers are battered so need replacing really.