• Login:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks
    This morning I wanted to place an order for Team Dynamics rims, but the seller said the delay was 6 month
    Factory has moved and this is causing a lot of delay..
    So looking for another brand (same quality) who could do ET and hub on demand?
    I can have aluminum rings for change hub diameter, for track use..
    My best choice would be : 16X7 ET43 (or very close to) hub 60.1

Thanks
    Bon matin Phil. I have been using Oz Ultraleggeras in 16 x 7 ET45 on my ZC32. They're a great rim and super lightweight (under 5.9kg per rim). Pick up when accelerating is definitely better than using OEM rims.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philfr View Post
    This morning I wanted to place an order for Team Dynamics rims, but the seller said the delay was 6 month
    Factory has moved and this is causing a lot of delay..
    So looking for another brand (same quality) who could do ET and hub on demand?
    I can have aluminum rings for change hub diameter, for track use..
    My best choice would be : 16X7 ET43 (or very close to) hub 60.1
    TD have been really bad for ages. A friend ordered some wheels in October last year and is still waiting on them

Thanks
    Have been looking into wheels lately with a view to reducing unsprung and rotational weight, and gain a little extra bump absorption with a deeper sidewall.

16x7 Oz Ultraleggeras are of interest because they are lighter than Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 (7.4kg), and Autec Wizard (7.2kg), without getting into forged prices. Where did you get 5.9kg from though? I've only seen ~6.5kg.

The only lighter wheel I've seen so far that is not silly money is the Enkei RPF1 which on a 16x7 ET43 is 6.2kg.

I would likely use 205/50 rubber but am mindful of tyre weight which will be heavier than the wheel. So far I've found tyres from Goodyear and Dunlop coming in under 7.5kg, which on the Ultras would achieve 14kg. Stock IIRC is 15.8kg. Not heavy by any means. I believe the flow formed stock wheels are a feathery (for OEM) ~8kg.

Lunar Tick, besides the performance gains, do you notice any change in ride on 16"? And how did you deal with TPMS, buy new sensors, or were you able to transfer your factory ones to the Ultras?

TPMS is a pain in the a***.

Thanks
    Hi Swifter. The 5.9kg figure depends on offset apparently (when I spoke to Oz UK). I weighed mine on the bathroom scales and got a shade under 6.0kgs. I use AD08R in 205/45 size. About 3% lower speed for a given rpm but still pretty near the mark. The extra depth of tyre wall makes for a slightly more compliant ride IMO. Obviously, the AD08Rs are v stiff sidewalls, but it feels better to me than OEM tyres and rims. Less rotating unsprung weight mean the wheels move over the bumps and dips more easily (less inertia and gyroscopic effect).

TPMS is a pain - I bought a second set of ready coded sensors that were plug and play - because I use OEM rims through the winter. Cost me £35 per corner. But I guess you could swap the Suzuki ones over.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lunar tick For This Useful Post:

Swifter (10-08-18)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lunar tick View Post
    I have been using Oz Ultraleggeras in 16 x 7 ET45 on my ZC32...
    Maybe we are "connected", I talked to my seller this morning to order these rims, I will have for september cause it's holiday time for him..
    He said 6,2 kg for ET45, I will weigh them when they are at home, that would give a gain of 2,3 kg per wheel.
    Tires will be there for September too, Yokohama AD08R in 205/45/16..
    Because of the price, I would not fit TPMS sensors, but I planned a small piece of adhesive on the dashboard

Thanks
    Great choice Phil The Ultraleggeras are a really strong rim and look very well proportioned on the Swift. When you get used to them, the OEM 17s actually look a bit 'big'!

Thanks
    Not sure, but I think it's an alloy with magnesium?

Thanks

Smile

With that info regarding weight I'm certainly leaning towards the Ultraleggeras. Could be looking at 2kgs of weight saving vs OEM with tyres factored in - approx 12% overall improvement.

205/45 effectively increases the final drive ratio which combined with reduced rotational inertia must make a significant boost in acceleration. Not to mention improved braking, improvement in ride, faster steering response etc.

I fitted a set of Team Dynamics 'Cyclone' to my CRV last year that saved 2.4kgs per corner (around 11%). The dynamic improvement was noticeable to the extent it changed the character of the car from a plodder that didn't ride very well, to something quite enjoyable to drive and seemingly floating along the road.

Lightweight wheels - as long as the difference is significant - is a great performance improvement in my experience and well worth the outlay.

Thanks
    You are right..
    When I fitted light wheels on ZC31S, I win 1 seconde for 2 kilometers of track race..
    I use a simple formula, when you save 1 kg (unsprung mass) it's equal to slim 6 kg to your car.
    In my case : 2,3 kgX4X6 = 55,2 kg, it's as if my car weighed 970-55 = 915 kg
    If I remove rear seats, I have 890 kg for about 155 cv, not so bad !