• Login:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thanks
    Yesterday I went to fill my car up as the light was on, this was a first...Tesco had no Momentum 99 so I just splashed in a tenners worth of council grade 95 RON, a while later I was sitting in traffic and noticed the engine was idling unevenly it never does this it’s always silky smooth.

It’s now fully filled with 99 RON and back to normal...curious..!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Klippie For This Useful Post:

Swifter (15-05-18)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
    Yesterday I went to fill my car up as the light was on, this was a first...Tesco had no Momentum 99 so I just splashed in a tenners worth of council grade 95 RON, a while later I was sitting in traffic and noticed the engine was idling unevenly it never does this it’s always silky smooth.

It’s now fully filled with 99 RON and back to normal...curious..!!!
    That's certainly a fast reaction to different fuel grades.

I've run mine on 95RON exclusively so far, and when my idle drops to its lowest, approximately 550rpm, there is a slight wobble (to be fair it is a very low idle speed). It's not unpleasant though, and reminds me there is an engine spinning away up front. When the idle is higher, say from electrical demand or a/c, it is turbine-smooth and sometimes the only way I can tell it is running is by checking the tacho.

My local favourite filling station, which also happens to be a Mitsubishi and Suzuki franchise, sells Gulf fuels and their Super is 97RON. I may try a few tanks of this stuff. I know from a past car, it ran smoother on this very fuel vs 95RON.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lunar tick View Post
    I had my car dynoed at 146bhp recently.
    92hp/litre is a jolly good result and is up there with the Clio Sport 182.