• Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tyres

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by snowball View Post
    I'm new to the SSS having only had it about 6 weeks but I've done about 2k miles and so far I'm impressed with its stock Conti Contacts.

I had Nokians on the CRZ on the recommendation of the tyre place I go to but thought they were terrible in the wet despite the rating they had. A bit of Googling found a possible reason why!

https://www.reuters.com/article/noki...-idUSL8N1651AB
    Yep, i dont have good grip on nokians. Not so old and my winter tyres had more grip on dry tarmac(!). It sucks because almost 6mm still on tyres, but they ruin my handling...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Highco View Post
    Im on Toyo Proxes CF2s, really like them on dry & wet. Have a pretty long life span too, 40k KMS and still around 4mm left, even with the modest camber im running. Im quite sure they are not the Proxes you are on now
    Hi Highco, back a few years ago I did a lot of research into tyres ( I know sad, lol ) but I researched the Toyo Proxes and even phoned the company up for more information and to my knowledge they are very good tyres, in particular Toyo were concentrating on reducing pipe fluke resonance of which creates higher noise levels, the Toyo proxes to my knowledge should be a very good all-rounder with reduced noise levels so I was surprised to see the OP complaining?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mikerj View Post
    What size did you go for? I just fitted a complete set of 205/45R17 AS3s and I am really pleased with them, especially the level of road noise which has reduced considerably compared to the old Hankooks.
    Sorry I've just noticed your post...

Mine are 205/40 x 17, can I suggest tyre pressures of Front 34psi and Rear 31psi...I'd be interested to see what you think.

Thanks
    Well mine are toyo proxes 4 And they're are pretty awful Tbh.

Thanks for all the recommendations though, I'll probably go for the hankooks

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mangove1 View Post
    Well mine are toyo proxes 4 And they're are pretty awful Tbh.

Thanks for all the recommendations though, I'll probably go for the hankooks

The Hankooks are very good tyres to be honest mate and like I said in my first post they are brilliant in the wet, I’m very surprised about your Toyo proxes because upon my research they should be very good tyres.

Thanks
    I really wish Michelin done PS3 in this size because they are the best tyres Ive ever experienced.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_T View Post
    The Hankooks are very good tyres to be honest mate and like I said in my first post they are brilliant in the wet, Im very surprised about your Toyo proxes because upon my research they should be very good tyres.
    Well I've had them since I bought the car 4 years ago, and never been impressed. Don't know why I haven't changed them sooner. Never really had any grip in the wet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mangove1 View Post
    Well I've had them since I bought the car 4 years ago, and never been impressed. Don't know why I haven't changed them sooner. Never really had any grip in the wet.
    So 4 years of no grip in the wet? You madman!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Highco View Post
    So 4 years of no grip in the wet? You madman!