• Login:
    Thanks

UNI-T UT210E Clamp Meter - Digital Multi Meter

A few months back I bought a UNI-T UT210E clamp meter / digital multimeter to help with a project I'd been doing, what's special about this clamp meter is it can measure DC amps using the clamp which makes it very useful for car electrics as you can measure battery charging and discharging simply by putting the clamp around the cables.

For example here is the meter attached to negative lead from the battery showing a 0.615A discharge (engine off doors locked) probably by the clock and keyless entry system.

UNI-T UT210E Pic 1 x 1024.jpg

The test leads supplied are not up to much I would recommend buying a set of these high quality Fluke TL71 silicone test leads they really are superb.
    Best price from here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fluke-TL7...53.m1438.l2649

UNI-T UT210E Pic 2 x 1024.jpg

For the money (£20 - £30) this is a great little meter it feels good quality and is pretty accurate (checked against a Fluke DMM) perfectly good enough for car electrics, I use mine for basically everything now as its so small and does what I need.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Klippie For This Useful Post:

optionup (03-03-18)

Thanks
    Now days cars take 30-60min to go "hibernate". Then discharge drops even more.