• Login:
    Thanks

Front Suspension Spring Snapped, Suggested Replacement Springs?

Hi all. I have a 2007 Reg Swift Sport bought in 2014, and Ive noticed the front left suspension spring has snapped, not good.

The ride is stiff, certainly feels the bumps and corners really well, so I guess the previous owner did some work to the suspension.

However I dont actually know this or not, so how would I be able to tell if its a standard factory spring, or lowered/stiffened. I wouldnt have any clue as to what springs to get to replace it. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by EdB; 23-02-18 at 17:56.

Thanks
    I wondered this with my Mum's Swift Sport as it's got a lot firmer suspension than my stock mk11. But they look standard shocks and springs to me and although one of the springs snapped (which made me question if they were aftermarket) I replaced it with one from a breaker's yard and it's exactly the same.

The car does seem to sit a good 20-30mm lower than my mk11 though so I'm still not 100% sure it's still stock.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Veefource For This Useful Post:

EdB (24-02-18)

Thanks
    Thanks for the information. I bought the car at 40k miles on the clock and now its done 70k. I guess if he had replaced the springs they should have lasted abit longer.

The springs are black, and the lowering springs ive come across seem to be different colours, red, yellow, blue etc.

The sport springs could still be stock as its made to sit lower and firmer than the non-sport. I cant see Suzuki making a sports version with non-sport springs.

Thanks
    Yeah hers were black too and the only aftermarket springs I know of that are black are the Eibach Pro Kit springs, but they have Eibach written on them.

In think the mkI Sport is setup up lower and firmer than the mkII out of the box which is one of the reasons it's more fun.

Thanks
    I have never seen anything written on the springs, but the plastic film has started to peel, i guess water got in and rusted it hence snapping. On measuring the height of the car its pretty much the same size as written in the book. Its 1 cm out as as i have worn tyres, need replacing, so it seems correct, and probably stock. I dont want it any stiffer or lower as I live in the rural countryside and its more of a rally car than a track car!

Thanks
    I have now replaced the springs with stock, and seems to be fine.