• Login:

Thread: Pre outs?

Thanks

Pre outs?

Does anyone know if the standard head unit on a '63 plate 2013 SSS has pre-outs on it?
    Oops, almost forgot, it's the non nav unit.
    Last edited by Jimbo1959; 26-01-18 at 22:49.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1959 View Post
    Does anyone know if the standard head unit on a '63 plate 2013 SSS has pre-outs on it?
    Oops, almost forgot, it's the non nav unit.
    Hi Jimbo, I'm afraid there's no pre-outs. If you'd like to connect an amplifier you'll need a line output converter, but if you'd like high quality sound I would personally advise looking into a new aftermarket head unit with rca outs. This is the route I took. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DartmoorSwift For This Useful Post:

Jimbo1959 (27-01-18)

Thanks
    I like the standard unit because of its features plus I am used to it (I can make it do what I need it to do) and I like the phone connectivity as well. I had hoped that it had a couple of RCA outlets to let me connect an amp and sub box as it's the bass that's lacking imho. Oh well, I suppose I'd better start looking for an alternative. Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    Perhaps you could get an active subwoofer and tap off the rear speakers for a high level input to the subwoofer.

Thanks
    Mixedwithfruit's idea would work and would probably be the simplest way of doing it. Only problem is you're using power from one of the rear speakers which will affect it's sound, basically your rear left/right speakers won't sound the same. Though saying that, they're only like 15w rms so it might not be noticeable at all. Depends on how much bass you'd like. I had an interim period in my setup where I was running four fairly decent aftermarket speakers just off of the standard headunit and the sound was defo improved, including bass. If you're after a bit more than that an active sub would be a good plan. Measure the boot and sub first though

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DartmoorSwift For This Useful Post:

Jimbo1959 (09-02-18)