• Login:
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    SSOC Senior Joakim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Tryforce pillow ball upper mount for coilovers

    Hi!

    Does anybody know if Tryforce upper pillowmounts will work with AP Coilovers?
    This is the ones im thinking of.
    https://www.rhdjapan.com/tryforce-pi...ft-sports.html

  2. #2
    SSOC Addict Sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 70 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Hi!

    Does anybody know if Tryforce upper pillowmounts will work with AP Coilovers?
    This is the ones im thinking of.
    https://www.rhdjapan.com/tryforce-pi...ft-sports.html
    If the AP coilovers fit the stock top mounts, then yes. These Tryforce/Rs tops are a direct replacement for the stock tops.

    Be warned, the spherical bearings won't last long on the street, and are expensive to replace. I do not think these are a good street mod, if you want camber adjustment you are better off using camber bolts.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sprinkles For This Useful Post:

    el.crichon (14-01-18)

  4. #3
    SSOC Senior Joakim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    If the AP coilovers fit the stock top mounts, then yes. These Tryforce/Rs tops are a direct replacement for the stock tops.

    Be warned, the spherical bearings won't last long on the street, and are expensive to replace. I do not think these are a good street mod, if you want camber adjustment you are better off using camber bolts.
    Yes im using the stock ones at the moment, and the AP coilovers are adjustable in camber in the lower mounting.
    The Tryforce i was linking to was the fixed camber ones, not the adjustable ones. Do you Think they will wear out quick anyway?

  5. #4
    SSOC Addict Sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    266
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 70 Times in 55 Posts
    If they have the same spherical bearing then yes they have the same issue with wear.

    BTW, the ones in your link are adjustable have a look at the right hand picture, you can see the slots for changing the camber/caster.

  6. #5
    SSOC Senior Joakim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    200
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    If they have the same spherical bearing then yes they have the same issue with wear.

    BTW, the ones in your link are adjustable have a look at the right hand picture, you can see the slots for changing the camber/caster.
    Okey, will not buy these then. (the last pic is wrong, its the other kind of tryforce upper part)
    Thanks a lot!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •