• Login:

Thread: Avon ZV7 Tyres

Thanks

Avon ZV7 Tyres

I have just replaced the boots on all 4 corners (2009 swift sport) OE size is 195/45/17 88 w but I decided to go for some 205`s , did some shopping about and went to see an old mate who is manager of my local ATS having decided I wanted A rated wet grip, good rating for rolling resistance/MPG and nothing over 70 DB ,and under £90 a corner, ended up narrowing search down to Avon ZV7s 205 45 17 88w nitrogen filled , with a bit of mates discount I ended up parting with just £278 all in , happy days , as soon as I drove away I could feel a real difference in ride quality over the Falken/Goodyear tyres that I had replaced , the car feels really planted to the road , nice amount of "feel" through the wheel , quiet too and looks better with the wider rubber plus extra rim protection , highly recommend these tyres. my old rear Goodyears were a bit knackered but the Falkens on the front had only done 5k so I have kept them to sell on, so anyone local to Guildford surrey who fancies a pair of good tyres cheap drop me a PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bluehazeman For This Useful Post:

kieran (24-09-16)

Thanks
    I believe the OE spec is 195 45 17 81W
    Seems 84W is the closest one can get to this load rating if going for 205 40 or 45 profile.

Quote Originally Posted by bluehazeman View Post
    I have just replaced the boots on all 4 corners (2009 swift sport) OE size is 195/45/17 88 w but I decided to go for some 205`s , did some shopping about and went to see an old mate who is manager of my local ATS having decided I wanted A rated wet grip, good rating for rolling resistance/MPG and nothing over 70 DB ,and under £90 a corner, ended up narrowing search down to Avon ZV7s 205 45 17 88w nitrogen filled , with a bit of mates discount I ended up parting with just £278 all in , happy days , as soon as I drove away I could feel a real difference in ride quality over the Falken/Goodyear tyres that I had replaced , the car feels really planted to the road , nice amount of "feel" through the wheel , quiet too and looks better with the wider rubber plus extra rim protection , highly recommend these tyres. my old rear Goodyears were a bit knackered but the Falkens on the front had only done 5k so I have kept them to sell on, so anyone local to Guildford surrey who fancies a pair of good tyres cheap drop me a PM.