• Login:
Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151
Results 1,501 to 1,504 of 1504
    Unless you have rear doors of course

Tyne and Wear, UK
    I've just checked the rpm on my 1.0T: 1800rpm at 30mph in 3rd gear, 1300rpm at 30mph in 4th gear, 2500rpm at 70mph in 5th gear.

North Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
    One-piece seats are for chavs, teenagers and hooligans; such seats are embarrassing.
    That alone is a deal breaker for me. Classy, grown-up fast cars don't need one-piece seats.
    I think the whole car looks worse than the mk2 and I didn't think the mk2 was anything special to the eye.

And I'm not a fan of direct injection engines because nearly every one produced by nearly every manufacturer gradually clogs-up its valves and loses power and economy steadily over time therefore needs periodic valve de-coking. Plus the risk of possible running issues or engine damage related to LSPI.

The new SSS mk3 has nothing that appeals to me. I could tolerate, say, a DI engine if the rest of the car wasn't such a state. I'll be looking elsewhere when the time comes to replace my mk2 SSS.
    I agree that the MK2 isn't a great looking machine. Have liked the look of the MK3 from the word go though. Still not convinced I'll buy one cos as you say, DI engines are a bit of a liability for valve coking. With a good quality catch can and regular use of injector cleaner conservatively you'd expect to be cleaning them every 50,000 miles or so. If its any more regular than that the engine is a piece of shit.
    Also, I really like the seats. And I am not a young man.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk