• Login:
Page 147 of 182 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1816
    Thanks
    I got some info from my Suzuki dealership here in Norway.

The new Swift Sport will be available for demo in April.

It will cost about 8-10% more than what my ZC32 cost in 2012.
    So it's not that much more than my ZC32 when you account for 6 years of price increases and inflation etc.

However...this is Norway and we have some serious car taxes, and they have changed somewhat since 2012, with less taxes for small, light, and low-HP turbo cars.
    So the base ZC33 price might be a bit higher than for the ZC32.
    Difficult to tell.

This is also some kind of intro offer for the highest specced version.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bldyannoyed View Post
    Quick point of interest. Was browsing the Fiesta ST forums (my previous car was a MK6 ST so I used to be active on there) and there was apparently a Ford GB rep at a show in Birmingham recently. He went on record saying they expect the upcoming MK8 Fiesta ST to start at £23,000. So the ZC33, even at a worst case scenario cost of 18k, is still some 5 grand cheaper, assuming that 23k is top line and not subject to more ticky boxes.

Hot hatches got expensive.
    £23k will almost certainly be for the ST3 (IE. top spec). Prepared to put money on it.

I know that this price was mentioned at the Performance Car Show at Birmingham back in January 2018 (https://uk.motor1.com/news/227112/20...esta-st-debut/). But a number of other sources have since hinted that this is likely to be the price for the top of the line Fiesta ST3. Which frankly, is more believable.
    Last edited by MikeO; 08-03-18 at 16:23.

Thanks
    I would agree Mike, but time will tell ....

Thanks
    That's a lot of money for a Fiesta or any car in that segment, prices have gotten ridiculous for new cars, looks like my next purchase will again be used or pre-reg.

If the new Sport is priced around £18 best be prepared to take a bath when it comes to move it on, its residuals won't be any better than the N/A Sport as you know is not very good.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
    That's a lot of money for a Fiesta or any car in that segment, prices have gotten ridiculous for new cars, looks like my next purchase will again be used or pre-reg.

If the new Sport is priced around £18 best be prepared to take a bath when it comes to move it on, its residuals won't be any better than the N/A Sport as you know is not very good.
    It's a mugs game buying new at the best of times (says the man who's just bought another new car... no pockets in a shroud). Lets be honest, not many cars are worth much more than 45% of MRRP after only 3 years! Some even much worse. I remember looking at a petrol 2.8 V6 Insignia for someone a few years back. Nice car, but because of it being a big petrol engine car, with HUGE commercial discounts, it's 3 year residual was something like 28% of MRRP. Fantastic 2nd hand buy though.

Still like the look of the new Swift sport though. As long as I could get some different wheels. Yellow with black wheels would look nice.

Thanks
    Has anyone else thought of the shape of the front window and front roof and also front sidewindows and top of front doors.
    Its almost identical on the new and "old" swift sport.
    1027153229_59f2d2fd49f64.jpg
    24327732_134865213892716_2117676239958310912_n.jpg

Thanks
    A review from down under:

http://oversteer.co.nz/first-drive-suzuki-swift-sport/

TLDR: they like it, but they aren't sold on the steering feel

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to giblets For This Useful Post:

DazzaSport (15-03-18), Desmo (13-03-18)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joakim View Post
    Has anyone else thought of the shape of the front window and front roof and also front sidewindows and top of front doors.
    Its almost identical on the new and "old" swift sport.
    1027153229_59f2d2fd49f64.jpg
    24327732_134865213892716_2117676239958310912_n.jpg
    Yeah, remarkably close. It's almost like a GT-R R35 shape in that respect.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by giblets View Post
    A review from down under:

http://oversteer.co.nz/first-drive-suzuki-swift-sport/

TLDR: they like it, but they aren't sold on the steering feel
    Thanks for the find.

Steering. Mmm, I don't know. I guess it is one of those things that needs to be felt to decide whether it is lacking or not. I know that a lot of cars with electric racks - including the ZC32S - lack feel.

I mean, as good as the ZC32S is to punt about in. I do feel that steering feel is a little lacking in that too. Despite being a small car, with stiff suspension and low profile tyres - the steering feel is surprisingly muted. What is there feels good of course, but I have driven cars with more steering feel. I mean, some cars you can really feel the road texture coming through the rim. If I had to guess, the ZC33S could well be the exact same electric steering rack as in the ZC32S.

For me, the Swift Sport isn't just about the steering when it comes to how a car communicates with its driver. Despite the steering being slightly muted, it's the information coming back from various places that tell me - as a driver - what is going on with the car. Like the feel through the pedals - particularly the brakes. The feel through the seat of your pants. Plus visual information, etc. The Swift Sport builds enough of a 'picture' as a whole that tells me - the driver - what is going on. Even if the steering is slightly muted.

That said, I feel that once the car is at speed, and cornered with gusto... the steering feel and weight is sufficient enough to give the driver an even better understanding of what is going on at the rubber.

Perhaps the ZC33S is more of the same. If it is, then I'm happy with that. If it's worse than the ZC32S... then I'm not sure what to think of that... only an extended test drive would give you a better idea of what the new car is about.

Personally, if I had to guess - I reckon it will steer pretty much the same as the ZC32S.

Time will tell.

Cheers.

Thanks
    DazzaSport i know what you try to say, but compared with like Polo GTI or Abarth 500, ZC32S is 10x better. GT86 was sharp, mut same electric mute like SSS.

Not bad but if youre very very sensitive and compare to manual or best hydraulic steerings. Theres rubbish hydraulics and manual racks too. Even LFA and 911 Porsches use electric column nowdays (and they are superior).