• Login:
Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145
Results 1,441 to 1,444 of 1444
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Klippie View Post
    If the new Sport is around the £18k then you will see very competitive PCP deals on them, I've had a theory for a while now that new car retail prices are intentionally inflated to make even more money as most new car buyers are only interested in the monthly costs.

I'am from the old school that thinks £10k for a car is bloody expensive never mind £18k for something the size of a shopping trolley.
    Ain't no PCP deal in the land thats going to make 18k seem reasonable. Not interested if I have to go into the dealership and negotiate like a demon just to get a car at the price it should have started at BEFORE I started haggling. 18k is mental money for a Swift.
    PCP doesn't matter, if the car is overpriced your monthly payment is going to be overpriced. If anything dealers are becoming ever more reluctant to offer big ticket discounts on finance deals because it is costing the industry millions. Look up Voluntary Termination and you'll understand why.

18K is too much, period. At that point I'll cough up the extra 30 or 40 quid a month and get an actual hot hatch.

Thanks
    The problem with buying anything these days is borrowing money is too easily available, lots of people who cannot afford to buy items outright but want or think they need them (iPhone 8 for example...£600+ for a phone) are quite happy to get credit for all sorts of things cars included as long as they can cover the monthly payments they don't care if it they spend every penny they earn as long as they have the latest hot thing on the market...they end up with no savings for a rainy day then struggle when things go bad.

Look at the UK deficit this country is living way beyond its means the annual UK GDP just covers our international interest payments on outstanding loans but the government carries on borrowing because money is cheap at this time, if anyone thinks its bad just now with all the cuts to services etc wait till the interest rates go up then a possibility of defaulting on the loans happens then the shit will really hit the fan.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Klippie For This Useful Post:

Desmo (Yesterday), heresjon (Today)

Thanks
    Exactly Klippie - well said ! People are far too keen to take things on finance they can barely afford. My folks stood by this mantra ;
    If you can afford to buy it outright - great, if you can easily afford the monthly payments and maybe even pay it back early - go for it. If you can't afford either option - don't bother !

On another note - do you really need that iphone X or do you just desire it ? Do you really need an Audi S3 or do you just want the supposed kudos of driving one ? If the Samsung or Ford are affordable and do what you need them to do, why put yourself in debt just to have the 'label' ?

To return to the original topic, if the new Sport is released in the UK at anywhere over £17.5k I think new sales will dive .....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Desmo For This Useful Post:

Klippie (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Nobody "Buys" a new car. Handing over cash, or a credit card, or getting a loan to OWN a new car is stupid. Depreciation on cars these days (thanks largely to PCP making new car "ownership" so cheap) is so severe that anyone who buys one brand new rather than getting one that's 2 years old and half the price in some cases is certifiably insane.

Today if you want the peace of mind of a warranty (and lets not talk about after market warranties which are almost universally worthless) you borrow a new car on finance. My ZC32 is on PCP and its been fine. It costs 170 quid a month and other than servicing and tax I don't have to give money another thought. Compare that to the used cars I owned previously which felt like they broke on a weekly basis and FOR ME a PCP deal has been absolutely the right call. It is unreasonable to suggest that anyone who gets a car on finance is some impatient fiscally irresponsible millennial with no grasp of the value of money.

And thats why an 18k list price for a Swift makes me wince. My ZC32 is 170 a month, when I got it a Pug 208GTi would have been 260 ish, a Fiesta ST somewhere around 240. The Pug and the Fiesta haven't gotten much more expensive and are still (probably) better cars than the new Swift. A Swift which will now be north of 200 quid a month.

It's too close to better cars to be worth thinking about.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bldyannoyed For This Useful Post:

aadil717 (Today)