• Login:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lunar tick View Post
    It was hard to find them. I tried CTC but and they contacted Rent4Ring but didn't get a reply. I then contacted R4R direct, and they did get back to me - with an insane price just for pads. I was then speaking to Baz at BHP Imports (they import performance Jap cars - https://www.facebook.com/BHPimports/?ref=br_tf ) and he was incredibly helpful. They have agents in Japan and can source pretty much anything - made easier by the fact their agents are Japanese speakers. Also, shipping is much cheaper than a single shipment as they have pre-booked slots coming over from Japan all the time. They can reduce costs by packing smaller parts in with bigger packages. I don't know if you can get Endless for the ZC31S. I suspect you can but you're probably best dropping Baz a line. Any more import parts I purchase will be through BHP - the price they quote is for delivery to your door and service is superb.
    Thanks for the information, Lunar.

It is very long winded, by the looks of it and as a rule of thumb, I won't part with a dime for a product which don't make actually buying the product easy!
    In these cases, I often wonder what a Donald Trump or Alan Sugar would say if, faced across the table of an Apprentice desk, they ask that you have customer, with the cash in his hand wanting to purchase a product, but why on earth does the customer, cash on hand, have to perform all sorts of permutations and combination just to buy a product!

I reckon I'd be an appalling business man: I'd try my best to make it easy for someone wanting to spend money in my store/site to do so. I must be going wrong somewhere lol

Thanks anyway though. Hope they turn out to be great.
    Last edited by Stumpy; 05-10-17 at 15:25.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stumpy For This Useful Post:

lunar tick (05-10-17)

Thanks
    Thanks - yes, I hope the improvement they give is worth it. A bit of a gamble but the reports from the R4R car hirers are v positive.

Thanks
    the Endless pads on the R4R Swift are MA45B compound = Endurance Competition compound

Endles is a brand and you can find here the specs of their range :
    Type R is a track day pad : http://www.endless-sport.global/fr/products/pad_1a
    MA45B is a race pad : http://www.endless-sport.global/fr/products/pad_1b

You probably did not buy the R4R Swift pads...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to el.crichon For This Useful Post:

heresjon (06-10-17)

Thanks
    No I didn't buy the MA45B race pad as the car is used for road and some track days. Race pads wouldn't be suitable for my needs Also, R4R quoted me £790 JUST for pads. Taking the piss. Out of curiosity, BHP Imports quoted me £350 for the same race pads. The Type R pads that I bought were cheaper than that.

Thanks
    No I didn't buy the MA45B race pad as the car is used for road and some track days. Race pads wouldn't be suitable for my needs Also, R4R quoted me £790 JUST for pads. Taking the piss. Out of curiosity, BHP Imports quoted me £350 for the same race pads. The Type R pads that I bought were cheaper than that.
    Both those prices are outrageous. $AUD400 for Project Mu Club Racers, it's worth fitting them just for track days, that's what we did when we were running the white street registered car at track days, it's only a 10 minute job to swap the pads over. The Project Mu's make a big difference to stopping distance when the brakes get hot, and a noticeable improvement in lap times.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    Both those prices are outrageous.
    Yes, dead right Phil. Thankfully, the type R pads were much more reasonable. But unfortunately, this is rip off Britain. We get charged import duty plus customs handling when importing from Japan. Also the weak £ at the moment is not helping

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lunar tick For This Useful Post:

Stumpy (06-10-17)

Thanks
    Yes, dead right Phil. Thankfully, the type R pads were much more reasonable. But unfortunately, this is rip off Britain. We get charged import duty plus customs handling when importing from Japan. Also the weak £ at the moment is not helping

" But unfortunately, this is rip off Britain."

"We get charged import duty plus customs handling when importing from Japan."

Indeed, all part of being in the protectionist 'EU club' but which we WON'T pay import duties with Japan if the UK makes a free trade deal with Japan after we 'eventually' leave the united states of Europe. Inside the EU's customs union we are totally and completely banned from making any free trade deals as a 'sovereign' country.
    Also, if a trade deal occurs with Japan in a few years, not only will your brake pads and disks from Japan go down in price due to the elimination of tariffs, but prepared to save a fair few £K on your Suzukis, Mazdas, Hondas etc etc. Of course, the fear mongering, German car manufacturing obsessed, news channels won't let you in on that one though. After all, that would be good news.

Thanks
    Drifting way off topic there Stumpy but it is a view I wholeheartedly agree with!

Thanks
    Drifting way off topic there Stumpy but it is a view I wholeheartedly agree with!
    It's not really rip off Britain. On this occasion we can't blame Britain for import tariffs which Britain don't set. And I'm sure would be totally eliminated if we were 'allowed' some sort of control.