• Login:
    Thanks

Eibach Pro-Kit Springs (E10-80-010-01-22) - 30mm/20mm

The SSS has a sporty suspension and it drives ok, but it felt to me that it sits too high and it becomes unstable at high speeds due to 2 reasons:
    - high center of gravity
    - lots of air under the car

Because our roads (Romania) are not that good, I thought the Eibachs are the perfect fit, lowering the car -30mm/-20mm while mantaining a fair/safe ride height.

Car setup before mod
    - completely stock
    - front ride height (measured from center of wheel cap to car body) : 37cm (1.21ft, 14,56in)
    - rear ride height (measured from center of wheel cap to car body) : 36cm (1.18ft, 14.17in)

Installation
    I was tempted to install them myself, but because I do not have a spring compressor, I went to the dealer. Now, even if you do it yourself or not, watch these 2 things:
    - the springs are mounted correctly - the text on the springs is in normal reading position, not upside down
    - the headlight leveling sensor is bent backwards (see pic below - in front of the man's hand)

Impressions
    Just outside my city there is a winding road where I always go and test every mod. When I had the stock suspension setup I could go through the curves with maximum 80-90km/h and the car would lose grip and oversteer. With the Eibach springs in place I could now go with 90-100km/h, the body roll is lower and oversteer is not that pronounced any more.

When driving on the highway it feels more stable when steering left/right to avoid potholes or other obstacles. Switching lanes fast feels more safe.

Comfort
    Although the springs have been installed on the stock shock absorbers, the car feels more comfortable than stock springs around town if the bumps are not that big. When the bump gets a bit bigger, you suddenly feel it in your teeth and you can tell that it's a bit too much for the stock shocks to handle (because now they're already compressed by 30/20mm).

Conclusion
    It's a good mod that improves stability when cornering or driving on the highway. If you live in a country with good roads then you can keep the stock shock absorbers.

Pictures

The springs

The drop - lateral

The drop - lateral front

The drop - lateral rear

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dorin.david For This Useful Post:

Desmo (04-08-17), Veefource (04-08-17)

Thanks
    how are the springs 3 months later. the only reason i did not go with eibach was the forward rake.

Thanks
    With the Eibach springs the car looked quite even, no rake at all. However, I installed Bilstein shocks (to match the springs and create the Bilstein B12 Pro-kit) which made a difference over the stock ones, but somehow the rear ones are keeping the car up and now it as a rake .

Overall I am very satisfied with the springs and shocks as it improved stability a lot, but I can't say the same about the comfort (and considering roads in Romania are not the best). Anyways, I'll write a review on them too a bit later.

Thanks
    Somehow I had missed this thread completely ! Thanks for the info David

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Desmo For This Useful Post:

dorin.david (04-08-17)

Thanks
    I too have installed the Pro-Kit with Bilstein dampers. It handles amazingly over stock dampers and springs!

But mine is also about stock height in the back still.
    I'm hoping it settles a bit over over time.
    Last edited by Stilongs; 05-08-17 at 13:29.